Recipe’s Quote :
“You are the Mac to my Cheese“
We all agree that cheese is the second best thing in the world after Ice Cream, Right ?!
What about 2 kinds of CHEESE (or more) in only one recipe ?! Yes, we are talking about Mac & Cheese recipe or what we can also call Cheese Heaven
The Best Homemade Mac & Cheese in your life. Ultra Cheesy, Creamy and Crunchy.
If you know me, you know well that I’m a PURE Pasta person, and when we add Cheese to Pasta ? A ‘DREAM’
If you are like me, you gotta try this recipe asap!
What Cheeses goes in Mac & Cheese?
- Sharp Cheddar
What amount of cheese can we add ?
When you eat it, do it right! The more you add, the more it becomes delicious 😉
Why do we use breadcrumbs for topping mac and cheese ?
The breadcrumbs add a crunchy texture to the pasta, and we can use as well Oats, Crushed Chips or Nuts.
Now we answered all the possible questions , let’s jump directly into the recipe :
Mac and Cheese with Breadcrumb Topping
- 400 g macaroni
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- 30 g flour
- 60 g butter
- 1 l milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
- In a large bowl combine all the cheeses and set aside.
- Heat large pot of salted water and cook the macaroni
- While the pasta is cooking make the sauce: In a large pot, melt the butter, add flour and whisk over medium-low heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually add the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Cook until slightly thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
- Gradually add 3/4 of the cheeses to the sauce and whisk until melted after each addition. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
- Transfer to a 12-inch (30cm) round baking dish, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the cheese or breadcrumbs and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
look how Cheesy and Creamy this Macaroni & Cheese
Youtube Video with detailed Steps :