Recipe’s Quote :
“People are like Oreos, are the good stuff is on the inside“
Oreo Chocolate Layer Cake with Mascarpone Cream
Chocolatey delicious Oreo cake with Mascarpone Cream and crushed oreo cookies! It's got layers and layers of awesomeness that you just gotta see!This is my first time trying out to make a Layer Cake and trust me, Cookies and Cream cakes are so amazing. It's something about the crunch and creaminess that just sets them apart.
For the cake
- 128 g flour
- 65 g raw cocoa
- cup of Oreo finely ground
- 150 g sugar
- 5 g baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 180 g buttermilk (milk + lemon juice)
- 180 g Nescafe
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- A small spoon of vanilla
Mascarpone Cream :
- Whipping cream
- 150 g sugar powder
- Half a cup of Oreo, finely ground
- Prepare 6 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom, and grease the sides.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Then, add gradually the liquid ingredients one by one.
- Divide batter between 6 cakes pans and bake at 180 degrees for about 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
Make the cream :
- Beat together Whipping cream and sugar powder.
- Add mascarpone and Oreo crumbs and mix until smooth.
- Once cream is ready and cake is cool, place the first layer of cake on cake plate.
- Spread 1/2 of the the cream on top in an even layer.
- Keep on this way until you add final layer of cake on top and frost the outside of the cake with remaining frosting.
For the chocolate ganache :
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream just until it begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Now, drizzle the chocolate ganache around the edge of the cake ( like it is shown on the video bellow), then pour the remainder of the ganache on top of the cake and spread evenly.
- Decorate the cake with Oreos if desired, then serve. Cake is best when well covered for 3-4 days.
- Make sure to have one full package of Oreos. If you plan to decorate the outside of the cake with more Oreos.
- Cake is best when well covered for 3-4 days.
Youtube Video of this recipe :